Information Security Technology manager is responsible for the implementation of technology within an organization and directs the work of systems and supervisors, business analysts, application developers, support specialists and other computer-related employees and contractors. This individual will usually be an experienced worker with technical expertise coupled with an understanding of business and management principles. Duties within the role are ultimately dependent on the organizational area.
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology-related discipline is preferred; other non-Information Technology degrees may be considered. Knowledge and capabilities typically acquired through at least 5 years of Information Technology related experience 2 years formal supervision experience required.
- Effective skills in managing large work activities/projects, a diverse workforce, employee skill assessment and employee development.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to increase client value and support best practices, drive continuous improvement and organizational effectiveness, and improve productivity and resource availability.
- Broad understanding of industry,e.g. emerging technology industry standards, support services, business applications, systems design, and systems integration and an in-depth knowledge of Process & systems associated with area of responsibility.
- Organizational skills and strategic and operational planning and budget experience
- Communicates effectively, ability to influence and build relationships to foster a positive work environment and drive change.
- Ability to foresee,present, plan and execute IT opportunities in conjunction/on behalf of the business unit.
- Capable of delivering world class IT solutions and eliciting support for acceptance of new technology and support services within the organization.
- Knowledge of Operating System methodologies and tools is a plus.
Specific qualifications per IT disciplines for purposes of posting are
noted below. Select statements that are appropriate for the particular
IT area in which the job vacancy exists.
- Experienced in managing and addressing Information Protection security matters for organization including telecommunications, access control, operations, applications and systems development.
- Experience should include intrusion detection, risk assessment, response and recovery analysis and execution on security matters.
- Ability to build relationships, communicate and elicit support for security initiatives within the organization.
- Experienced in managing corporate-wide Security Awareness Program and Information Protection Policies and Guidelines, including evaluation and approval of requested deviations to the Information
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of security-related opportunities, concerns and remedies within the computer industry. Preference given to the following certifications: SSCP Systems Security. Certified Practitioner, CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
- Experience in establishing and executing security guidelines, policies and procedures for intrusion detection, resolution and remedy for a large company.
- Experienced in collaborating with Internal Audit and Corporate Investigations organizations,to provide input and address malicious or inappropriate activity in information processing environment; and in participating with ITS Management to address security matters for multiple company organizations and affiliated companies.
- Experienced in cyber security operations, design and engineering including; Security Operation,multi-level client support, Identity mgmt. and network planning, architecture& engineering and infrastructure project management
- Experienced in managing level 2 support services as described in service-level agreements. Manages a variety of issues and daily security operations, planning for infrastructure needs and high-risk decisions on availability/access as well as normal and future decision making of 1-2 year outlook.
- Must have experience with the development and enforcement of production control and change policies and procedures.